My dog Elvis can do a perfect downward dog! He does about one hundred a day…each with a grace and perfection I can only dream of. He completely takes for granted his flexibility and posture in his own darling doggy … Continue reading
The best thing about attending any type of festival is that you get to sample lots of different styles of what is on offer. Sometimes you will attend a session that you adore, one that you don’t like at all or one that gives you some new perspective. The 2013 Sydney Spirit Festival delivered all of these last weekend.
My favourites of the weekend were:
- Edo and Jo and their mood lifting kirtan singing.
- The surroundings of the lovely Satyananda Ashram…peaceful grounds and gardens and magic vibrations.
- The interesting people I met.
- The scrumptious vegetarian food provided by the Satyananda kitchen.
- Being involved in “karma yoga”
- Simon Borg Oliver’s yoga classes which worked on making the spine more supple.
- Adult face painting…sweet Elfie painted a pink peacock feather on my forehead.
- The Satyananda shop ~ of course…
- Yoga nidra meditation.
This Friday Padma and I will be attending the first Sydney Spirit Festival at the Satyananda Yoga Ashram at Mangrove Mountain, NSW, Australia. The retreat runs for three days and we are getting very excited about it.
Last year Rahul and I attended the Byron Spirit Festival in Mullumbimby, NSW, Australia. It was the most amazing weekend of yoga, workshops, kirtan and we got to see our friends the wonderful Gyuto Monks. The highlight of last year’s event was lying on the persian rugs in the school hall listening to Deva Premal sing her mesmerising songs.
I have visited the Satyanada Yoga Ashram before for retreats and it is truly beautiful and serene there. No computers, no phones…just birds singing, divine vegetarian food and peace, peace, peace…