Today I received a lovely nomination for a Liebster Award from Allison at The Nomad Cooks
. It is always a delight and a surprise to receive an award nomination from a fellow blogger ~ so thank you Allison…it is very much appreciated.
The Rules Of This Award Are:
List 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
Comment on their page to let them know
Tag the person who nominated you in your post
Eleven Random Facts About Me…
- I love lassis (Indian yoghurt drink)
- I live on a farm
- I have two sisters
- I volunteer at a nursing home and do the ladies nails there every Thursday
- I can now swim 20 laps of the pool
- I can play the piano
- I love birds
- I have two peacocks and 9 guinea fowl
- I am a casual infants school teacher
- I wish there was a yoga teacher in my town as it’s not the same doing it on your own
- My New Year’s Resolution this year is to get fit
The Nomad Cooks Questions for me are:
1.What’s the scariest, as in uncomfortable, thing you’ve ever done?
2.Do you know a celebrity or ever had a semi-personal experience with a celebrity?
3.How often do you clean your house?
4.What’s your funniest/most embarrassing bathroom experience? It has to be your experience not your kiddos! (I saw this on another blog recently and loved it!)
5.Do you have an embarrassing intoxicated story? If so, what?!
6.What the biggest conscience you’ve ever had?
7.What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
8.How honestly do you care about the news and world events?
9.What’s your secret meal when you have the house to yourself?
10.Who hates you? (I’ve asked a lot of people this question and there is always some random kid from grade school that people are convinced hate them.)
11.If all fear was dissolved, what would be the biggest change you’d make in your life?
Here we go…
1. The scariest thing I’ve ever done was ride on the Space Mountain ride at Euro Disneyland in Paris (but my sons were so proud of me!)
2. When I first visited the Sripuram Ashram in India Ben Lee showed Padma and I the ropes.
3. Cleaning is not my favourite pastime so I clean my house when it needs it.
4. I don’t know if it was funny but I had a snake in our toilet cystern a few years back.
5. Once we had some friends out and after a few too many drinks I danced on the dining room table to Ricky Martin ~ very embarassing!
6. I feel bad for ages if I do the wrong thing.
7. The craziest thing I have ever eaten was a witchity grub.
8. Sometimes news and world events touch me deeply. The other day I listened to a radio segment on the cruelty to pigs in captivity ~ it made me cry.
9. A cup of coffee and a piece of slice.
10. Who hates me…I hope not too many people…
11. The biggest change I would make in my life would be to live on an island and be a lighthouse keeper 🙂
1. If a fairy came and granted you one skill you could have what would it be?
2. Where would you most like to travel to?
3. Where is your favourite travel destination?
4. What is your most memorable hotel stay?
5. And why?
6. Do you keep a diary?
7. If you have a “next life” what do you hope to be?
8. What do you love about yourself?
9. What is your favourite colour?
10. What is your favourite movie?
11. I love cats…do you love animals too?
My nominations for a Liebster Award are these delightful blogs that bring me so much joy:
Congratulations to all these fabulous blogs…you ALL make my day when I read you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.